NJCPA Names Sarah Krom President-Elect for 2017/18 – Youngest to Hold Office
June 1, 2017
Sarah Krom, CPA, managing partner, SKC and Co., CPAs, LLC of Boonton Township, New Jersey, has been named president-elect of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA), beginning her one-year term on June 1, 2017. At age 34, Ms. Krom is the youngest person to hold that position and the third female.
“Sarah’s dedication to the NJCPA is indisputable,” said Ralph Albert Thomas, CGMA, CEO and executive director of the NJCPA. “We are pleased to have her commitment and enthusiasm at the executive level as we did throughout her many activities here at NJCPA. We look forward to working with her this year and when she becomes president.”
Ms. Krom joined the NJCPA in 2003, and steadily held positions of note within the organization. She is a former chair and vice chair of the Young CPAs Council, which is now called the Emerging Leaders Council. She also serves on the NJCPA Scholarship Fund and the Strategic Planning Committee and has been an active member of the Bergen Chapter. In 2011, Krom was voted by NJCPA as one of the “30 most influential CPAs under 30,” and in both 2012 and 2016 she was recognized as an NJCPA “Woman of Note.” She is also a member of the American Institute of CPAs.
Ms. Krom, an honors graduate of The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, holds a B.S in accounting. She and her family reside in Jefferson.
2017/18 NJCPA Board of Trustees
- President: Edward I. Guttenplan, CPA, CGMA, MBA - Wilkin & Guttenplan, P.C.
- President-Elect: Sarah Krom, CPA - SKC and Co., CPAs, LLC
- Secretary: Michael VanderGoot, CPA, CGMA - BDO USA, LLC
- Treasurer: Harry P. Wills III, CPA - Bowman & Company LLP
- Immediate Past President: Walter J. Brasch, CPA, CGMA - PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP
- CEO & Executive Director: Ralph Albert Thomas, CGMA – New Jersey Society of CPAs
- Jean I. Abbott, CPA - Stockton University
- Jordan D. Amin, CPA - EisnerAmper
- Gregory A. Bedard, CPA, CGMA - Prudential Financial
- Amy Y. Both, CPA - Neral & Company, P.A.
- Robert J. Brown Jr., CPA - Cowan, Gunteski & Co., P.A.
- Melanie A. Cobb, CPA - Abacus Financial LLC
- Carol Donatiello Iocca, CPA - Wilkin & Guttenplan, P.C.
- Roy H. Kvalo, CPA - The Curchin Group, LLC
- Stephen O. Richard, CPA - Becton Dickinson & Company
- Megan A. Sartor, CPA - Sax LLP
- Shaune Scutellaro, CPA - CohnReznick LLP
- Kyle M. Sell, CPA - Deloitte
# # #
The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, with more than 14,500 members, represents the interests of the accounting profession and advances the financial well-being of the people of New Jersey. The NJCPA plays a leadership role in supporting the profession by providing members with educational resources, access to shared knowledge and a continuing effort to create and expand professional opportunities.