New Jersey Society of CPAs Names Eclectic Group of Diversity & Inclusion Impact Award Recipients
June 15, 2017
ROSELAND, N.J. – The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) today announced the winners of its 2017 Diversity & Inclusion Impact awards. Twenty-seven individuals were selected based on their dedication and commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion issues within the accounting profession and, in many cases, personally mentoring staff to leadership roles in the industry or students to follow an accounting path.
This year’s recipients were judged on how well they exhibited diversity best practices, developed programs or otherwise furthered an awareness of how diverse race, sex, culture, backgrounds and religions can benefit organizations and schools.
Sarah Krom, CPA, president-elect of NJCPA for 2017/18 and managing partner of SKC and Co., CPAs, LLC of Boonton Township, announced the winners during NJCPA’s Annual Convention and Expo at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City.
Below are the 2017 NJCPA Diversity and Inclusion Impact Award Winners (in alphabetical order):
- Maria Alcalde, CPA — Vice President of Internal Audit, Prudential Financial, Newark, NJ
- Kenneth Bouyer, CPA — Americas Director of Inclusiveness Recruiting, Ernst & Young LLP, Iselin, NJ
- Shaun Leigh Budnik, CPA — Audit Partner/National Audit Innovation Leader, KPMG LLP, Short Hills, NJ
- Jaime Campbell, CPA, M.B.A., CTT, MCT — CFO, Tier One Services LLC, Rock Hill SC
- Carolyn J. D'Anna, CPA — Partner, CohnReznick LLP, Roseland, NJ
- Elizabeth C. Ekmekjian, CPA, J.D. — Professor, William Paterson University of New Jersey, Wayne, NJ
- Develeen Fredericks — Director of Human Resources, Mazars USA LLP, Edison, NJ
- Larry Gil Garcia, CPA — Owner, Larry Garcia, CPA LLC, Clifton, NJ
- Victoria I. Ghafoor, CPA, MaCC — Audit Manager, EisnerAmper LLP, Iselin, NJ
- Sally Glick — Principal and Chief Growth Strategist, Sobel & Co. LLC, Livingston, NJ
- Edward I. Guttenplan, CPA, MBA, CGMA — Managing Shareholder. Wilkin & Guttenplan, P.C. East Brunswick, NJ
- Debra E. Hahn, CPA — Managing Director, Independence Standards, Grant Thornton LLP, Iselin, NJ
- Bridget Hartnett, CPA — Partner, Sobel & Co. LLC, Livingston, NJ
- Joan Kampo — Director of Human Resources, WithumSmith+Brown, Princeton, NJ
- Karen J. Lee, CPA — Audit Manager, Deloitte, Parsippany, NJ
- Cynthia Lubin, CPA — President, C Lubin, CPA LLC, Roselle, NJ
- Alison McKillop — Senior Marketing Associate, Smolin Lupin, Fairfield, NJ
- Ugochi Oguh, CPA — Audit Senior, Wiss & Company, LLP, Livingston, NJ
- Bayaan A. Oluyadi, CPA — Senior Tax Associate, CohnReznick LLP, Roseland, NJ
- Ann Marie Reyher, CPA — Wealth Solutions Strategist, Lombard International, Philadelphia, PA
- Ainsley A. Reynolds, CPA, CGMA — Director of Accounting, State of New Jersey Division of Investment, Trenton, NJ
- Atit M. Shah, CPA — Audit Associate, CohnReznick LLP, Roseland, NJ
- C. Daniel Stubbs Jr., CPA — Director - Master of Accountancy, Financial Accounting, Rutgers Business School-Newark, Newark, NJ
- Ralph Albert Thomas — CEO & Executive Director, New Jersey Society of CPAs, Roseland, NJ
- Lucy Turnage, CPA, CGMA — Vice President, The CIT Group, Livingston, NJ
- Vibert A. Wailoo, CPA, MBA, CMA, CFF, CGMA — Professor of Accounting, Kean University, Union, NJ
- Jenny Xie, CPA — Officer, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, New York, NY
The honorees will also be featured in the September/October issue of New Jersey CPA magazine. To learn more about NJCPA’s Diversity & Inclusion Impact Award recipients, visit njcpa.org/awards.
# # #
The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, with more than 14,500 members, represents the interests of the accounting profession and advances the financial well-being of the people of New Jersey. The NJCPA plays a leadership role in supporting the profession by providing members with educational resources, access to shared knowledge and a continuing effort to create and expand professional opportunities. Visit njcpa.org.