NJCPA Launches Food Drive for Community FoodBank of New Jersey
September 18, 2017
ROSELAND, N.J. – The New Jersey Society of CPAs (NJCPA) is launching its eighth annual food drive to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey from Monday, September 18, through Friday, November 17.
Sponsored by the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council, the food drive was created to provide support to the Community FoodBank’s various programs to combat hunger and poverty. The Community FoodBank of New Jersey solicits food donations to warehouse and supply food and grocery products to charities across the state.
“It’s a great opportunity to give back to those less-fortunate neighbors in our community with some tangible help. Hunger cuts across all county lines,” said Jay Lauretta, chair of the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council and internal audit manager at ADP.
NJCPA is seeking to collect 3,000 pounds of nonperishable items and canned goods, which would surpass last year’s collection of 2,900 pounds. Food donations can be dropped off at NJCPA headquarters at 425 Eagle Rock Avenue, Suite 100, Roseland, or at any of the following locations through November 17:
- Boonton Township - SKC and Co., CPAs, LLC | 1 Mars Court, Suite 1
- Cranford - PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP | 20 Commerce Drive
- East Brunswick - Wilkin & Guttenplan | 1200 Tices Lane
- East Hanover - Friedman LLP | 100 Eagle Rock Avenue, Suite 200
- Iselin - Baker Tilly | 99 Wood Avenue South, Suite 801
- Linwood - Friedman LLP | 327 Central Avenue
- Moorestown - Gold Gerstein Group LLC | 505 Pleasant Valley Avenue
- Northfield - Capaldi Reynolds & Pelosi CPAs, P.A. | 332 Tilton Road
- Parsippany - Deloitte | 100 Kimball Drive
- Roseland - CohnReznick LLP | 4 Becker Farm Road
- Woodbridge - The Green Group | 900 Route Nine, 6th Floor, Suite 601
NJCPA is also looking for 25 volunteers to sort food and work in the children’s division at the Community FoodBank of New Jersey in Hillside from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 14. Sign up at njcpa.org/events.
NJCPA’s Emerging Leaders Council is an appointed leadership group that addresses the needs of members with up to 10 years of experience, including CPA candidates and new licensees.
For more information about donating or volunteering at the food drive visit njcpa.org/fooddrive or contact Theresa Hinton, member engagement manager at NJCPA, at 973-226-4494 x 212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, with more than 14,500 members, represents the interests of the accounting profession and advances the financial well-being of the people of New Jersey. The NJCPA plays a leadership role in supporting the profession by providing members with educational resources, access to shared knowledge and a continuing effort to create and expand professional opportunities.