Renew Your CPA License by Dec. 31
October 31, 2017
The New Jersey State Board of Accountancy has mailed renewal notices to all licensed CPAs, PAs, RMAs and Public School Accountants.
As we previously reported, the State Board has proposed an increase to the license fee, from $90 to $135. However, those new rates are not yet in effect, so you will still be able to renew at the $90 rate, as long as you renew by December 31, 2017.
According to the notice, all renewals must be completed online with a credit or debit card. Your license will be administratively suspended if not renewed within 30 days of the expiration date. To renew:
- Go to NJConsumerAffairs.gov/renew.
- Click on Renew an Existing License.
- Choose the appropriate license in the "Accountancy, New Jersey State Board of" section.
- If you have previously created a user ID and password, click on "Already Registered." Otherwise, click on "I Have NOT Registered" and create an account.
- Proceed with your renewal.