NJCPA Launches 10th Annual Food Drive for Community FoodBank of New Jersey
September 16, 2019
ROSELAND, N.J. – The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) kicked off its tenth annual food drive on Sept. 16 to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. The food drive, which will run until Nov. 15, is hosted by the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council, an appointed leadership group that addresses the needs of NJCPA members with up to 10 years of experience, including CPA candidates and new licensees.
The NJCPA is seeking to meet or exceed food collection of approximately 3,000 pounds of nonperishable food items and canned goods each year. Since 2010, NJCPA has donated more than 20,000 pounds of food items to the FoodBank.
“The food drive is a wonderful opportunity to have members get involved and help out in any way they can — whether it’s donating, packing and distributing the food or assisting the FoodBank itself,” said Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA, executive director and CEO at the NJCPA. “Our members are extremely generous, and we hope to see them all participate again.”
Food donations can be dropped off at NJCPA headquarters at 105 Eisenhower Parkway, Suite 300, Roseland, or at any of the following locations through Nov. 15:
- Cherry Hill — Alloy Silverstein | 900 North Kings Highway, Suite 100
- Cranford — PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP | 20 Commerce Drive
- East Brunswick — Wilkin & Guttenplan | 1200 Tices Lane
- East Hanover — Friedman LLP | 100 Eagle Rock Avenue, Suite 200
- Edison — Mazars USA LLP | 399 Thornall Street, 3rd Floor
- Moorestown — Gold Gerstein Group LLC | 505 Pleasant Valley Avenue
- Northfield — Capaldi Reynolds & Pelosi CPAs, P.A. | 332 Tilton Road
- Woodbridge — The Green Group | 900 Route Nine, Suite 601
- Woodbury — Bowman & Company | 6 North Broad Street, Suite 201
The food drive was created to provide support to the Community FoodBank’s initiatives to combat hunger and poverty. The FoodBank solicits food donations to warehouse and supply food and grocery products to charities across the state.
For more information about donating visit njcpa.org/fooddrive or contact Arianna Magrini at NJCPA at 862-702-5629 or email@example.com.
# # #
The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, with more than 14,500 members, represents the interests of the accounting profession and advances the financial well-being of the people of New Jersey. The NJCPA plays a leadership role in supporting the profession by providing members with educational resources, access to shared knowledge and a continuing effort to create and expand professional opportunities.