CPA Exam Changes Due to Coronavirus Pandemic
NASBA, AICPA, Prometric and the Boards of Accountancy (Boards) have been monitoring the COVID19 crisis and have taken the following actions to ensure the health and safety of CPA Exam candidates:
- Effective immediately, Prometric will close test centers in the United States and Canada for a period of 30 days. They anticipate re-opening test centers on April 16, 2020, however, please note the specific date will depend on circumstances that are changing daily. No action is required on the part of the candidate. Prometric will cancel scheduled appointments and clear the Notices to Schedule (NTS) for candidates to reschedule at their convenience.
- In anticipation of the reopening of test centers, NASBA, the AICPAand Prometric have decided to invoke an emergency testing period. As part of this procedure, the 2020 second-quarter testing window will be extended from June 10 to June 30.
- NASBA has recommended that the Boards of Accountancy extend all NTS with expirations between April 1 and June 30, 2020, until Sept. 30, 2020. At this time, no action is required by candidates and there is no need to contact NASBA or your Board of Accountancy. Updates will be provided when the NTS extensions are completed.
- NASBA will identify all candidates who have an open NTS and credit expiring through June 30, 2020, and provide this information to Boards with a recommendation to grant an extension of credit if the candidate is impacted by circumstances beyond their control. Due to shutdowns of many board offices, the decisions to extend conditional credit will not be finalized until Boards resume normal operations. There is no need to contact Boards at this time.
NASBA remains committed to maintain operating hours, however, many of their staff are working remotely. The best way to contact them during this time is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Becker CPA Review students who have previously purchased the Advantage package and have an access license scheduled to expire between April 1 and June 30, 2020, will have access to the course materials for an additional 90 days at no additional cost.
- UWorld Roger CPA Review is extending course access for users who have a course that expires between March 17 and April 30, 2020. They will reevaluate the situation at that time to see if additional extensions are warranted.
- Wiley CPAexcel is offering free access to Wiley CPAexcel Virtual Classrooms though April 2020.
May 19, 2020Webcast & Edison
June 16-19, 2020Atlantic City
June 25, 2020Webcast & Edison
September 15, 2020Webcast
September 16, 2020Marlton
September 17, 2020Roseland
September 21, 2020Roseland
September 30, 2020Webcast
October 23, 2020Webcast & Location TBD
November 10, 2020Webcast & Edison
November 10, 2020Location TBD
November 11, 2020West Windsor
November 11, 2020Roseland
November 17, 2020Webcast & Location TBD
November 24, 2020Roseland
December 3, 2020Webcast & Location TBD
December 21, 2020Roseland