New Jersey Society of CPAs Announces 10 CPA Exam Fee Lottery Winners
— Second Annual Lottery Drawing —
The New Jersey Society of CPAs has awarded 10 members with $750 each towards their CPA Exam fee costs. The aspiring CPAs are either Student or CPA Candidate members of the NJCPA and were selected at random in November from a pool of more than 70 entries.
The CPA Exam Fee Lottery was created to offset the high cost of taking the CPA Exam, which can often exceed $1,000 when factoring in all four parts of the Exam and initial application fees. Exam takers can also incur additional fees of several thousand dollars if they use review courses, study guides and/or other preparation.
The winners include:
- Solmayra De La Cruz, student at Seton Hall University
- Kevin Fabiano, accountant at Brendon Pierson, Inc.
- Katherine Gurski, staff accountant at Miesel, Tuteur & Lewis, P.C.
- Nicole Kinney, student at Drew University
- Nicole Marsh, student at Atlantic Cape Community College
- Katharine Meza, student at Kean University
- Odalis Nunez-Cardenas, staff accountant at Lerch, Vinci & Higgins, LLP
- Shabsai Palley, student at Fairleigh Dickinson University-Lakewood
- Diane Pineda, senior accountant KRS CPAs, LLC
- Oyungerel Tumendelger, student at Rider University
To be eligible, the winners have to sign up to take the first part of the four-part CPA Exam between Dec. 1, 2020, and Nov. 30, 2021, and they must be currently enrolled in a New Jersey college or university or graduated within the past five years. Winners also must not be receiving compensation for taking the Exam from their employer.
The lottery was made possible by the NJCPA Scholarship Fund, which through the generous backing of members and accounting firms, has supported more than 2,000 New Jersey students totaling more than $7 million in awards since 1960.
“We are always looking for ways to assist the next generation of accounting professionals, particularly with the financial burden of becoming a CPA,” said Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA, CEO and executive director at the NJCPA. “Amid such trying times this year, it is a pleasure to continue this tradition.”
For more information on NJCPA Scholarship Fund, visit njcpa.org/scholarship.