Are you responsible for presenting financial information to your organization? If you’re a CEO, CFO, financial analyst or a manager needing to communicate financial information in an impactful way, this workshop will give you the necessary tools to tell more effective stories with your financial data.
CPAs, Managers to Managing Partners and CFOs wanting to enhance their skills and abilities to explain financial information to associates and clients.
- Summarize the historical financial information to be delivered
- Translate accounting/financial language into plain English through similar and understandable context
- Recognize the value of using charts and pictures in your in financial presentations
- Design your PowerPoint presentation to let the audience see only what you want them to see at that moment
- Demonstrate and explain why storytelling is an effective method of getting your recommendations and next-steps across to your audience
- Communicating financial information in an impactful way
- Telling more effective stories with your financial data
- Connecting with your audience through real world examples
- Interpreting and presenting complex financial information through storytelling skills
- Unlocking the powerful story hidden within the numbers
Prior public speaking experience or the course "Get Out of the Casket and Up to the Podium".
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit njcpa.org/MyEvents. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed 24 hours prior to this event.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
Peter A. Margaritis, CPA, CGMA, MAc
Business Learning Institute
Peter Margaritis, CPA, is a keynote speaker, communication strategist, and improv virtuoso. Peter is the author of two books, Improv Is No Joke: Using Improvisation to Create Positive Results in Leadership and Life and Taking the Numb Out of Numbers: Explaining and Presenting Financial Information with Confidence and Clarity.
Peter works with financial professionals to help adapt their mindset and believes that strong communication skills are the most effective way of delivering technical knowledge and building strong business relationships.
The underlying premise in everything Peter does is the power of applied improvisation. He focuses his strategies using two powerful words, YES AND along with the concept of listening to understand. This strategy promotes a better connection with customers and clients leading to higher profits and higher retention of employees.
Peter has delivered over 500 keynote speeches and workshops in 38 states in the U.S. and across Canada and the Caribbean. His clients range from Fortune 500 companies to family-owned businesses, national, regional & local public accounting firms, and national and state associations.
Peter earned is his Bachelor’s in Business Administration from the University of Kentucky, a Master’s Degree in Accountancy from Case Western Reserve University and he is a licensed, non-practicing, CPA in Ohio. He has worked for companies such as Price Waterhouse, Victoria Secret Catalogue (not as a model), two large banking institutions and has managed restaurants in his day. Don’t be surprised – he is Greek. He was also an assistant professor of accounting and taught in the MBA program at THE Ohio Dominican University in Columbus, OH.
Peter is also a blogger, writer, humorist and a podcaster. His podcast, Change Your Mindset can be found on his website, along with iTunes, Stitcher and Google Play. You can visit his website (petermargaritis.com) to watch his videos and read his promotional resources which include a variety of magazine articles, along with his weekly blog.