Specifically tailored for practitioners who do not perform audits, but provide other attest and non-attest services to small and medium-sized businesses, this course is a comprehensive update covering recently issued accounting, compilation, and review standards, as well as other professional guidance impacting small and medium-sized business accountants. The course uses practical examples and illustrations to help you understand and apply the material in practice.
Practitioners at all levels who provide non-audit and non-attest services to small- and medium-sized businesses desiring to remain up-to-date on recent pronouncements and other standard setters’ activities and professional guidance.
- Keep abreast of current private company standard setting activities of the PCC
- Review recently issued accounting and non-audit attestation pronouncements
- Understand the new SSARS No. 21 relating to the preparation of financial statements and new guidance on compilations and reviews as well as changes due to SSARS No. 22. 23 and 24
- Be aware of other important guidance affecting small- and medium-sized business practitioners
- Private company standard setting activities
- Small and medium-sized business related ASUs
- Revenue recognition and leases update
- Special purpose frameworks – cash, modified cash, and tax basis
- Common small- and medium-sized business financial statement errors and deficiencies
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, including the new preparation of financial statements non-attest service as well as the impact of SSARS No. 22, 23 and 24
- Other types of small and medium-sized business attest engagements - examinations, reviews and agreed-upon procedures engagements on financial forecasts and projections, and pro forma financial information
Experience in accounting and auditing.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed 24 hours prior to this event.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
Terrie L. Larkowski, CPA/ABV
Terrie L. Larkowski is former chair of the Continuing Professional Education Planning Committee of the Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants. She has written materials and presented on business valuation and income tax topics for the National Business Institute.™
Terrie is a recently retired partner of an Omaha CPA firm. She gained almost 20 years of public accounting experience, specializing in auditing, tax, and business valuation services for closely held businesses and individuals. In addition, Terrie worked for 14 years in the private sector for nonpublic businesses, including two law firms.
Ms. Larkowski is a graduate of the University of Nebraska – Kearney (formerly Kearney State College) with a B.S. in business administration with emphasis in accounting.