Get your tax return training from the industry’s best! AICPA’s individual tax workshop provides the latest practical insights from nationally recognized tax experts. Reinforce your understanding of frequently used principles, and receive a wealth of tax-planning tips and strategies. Learn how to apply the latest changes when preparing federal income tax returns, and advise clients on new developments and tax-saving ideas for individuals. Course materials include the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) tax reform law. Make sure you are armed with the latest tax guidance as you enter the upcoming tax season!
CPAs working with clients or employers requiring up-to-date expertise in individual income taxation for the current tax season.
- Recognize compensation issues and nontaxable employee fringe benefits
- Identify the specific rules that apply under the “passive activity” rules
- Identify and calculate the business deduction for home office expenses and deduction limitations on vacation homes and other ordinary business expenses
- Analyze the deductibility of hobby losses
- Identify the rules for depreciation and amortization deductions
- Differentiate between capital and ordinary income treatment on property transactions
- Identify tax consequences for self-employed retirement plans and IRAs
- Gather the necessary information required to include the claim for a tax credit on an individual income tax return
- Fringe benefits
- Retirement plan distributions
- Hobby losses
- Home Offices
- Depreciation and amortization
- Tax Credits
- Gains and losses on property transactions
Knowledge of individual income taxation and Form 1040 preparation.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed 24 hours prior to this event.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
Brian R. Greenstein, Ph.D.
Surgent Professional Education
Brian R. Greenstein, Ph.D., is an accounting professor at the Lerner College of Business and Economics at the University of Delaware. Previously he served as the Director of Graduate Tax Programs and Chair of the Department of Accounting and Taxation at Seton Hall University. Dr. Greenstein started his career with an international CPA firm and currently maintains an active consulting practice. Dr. Greenstein has presented hundreds of live seminars on various tax and financial planning topics for State CPA societies, private accounting firms, and the Internal Revenue Service. In 2015 and 2016, he received the Surgent Outstanding Discussion Leader Award because of his consistently high evaluations for knowledge and presentation skills. He has also written numerous articles appearing in national publications such as the Journal of Taxation, The Tax Advisor, the CPA Journal, the Journal of Corporate Taxation, Taxes -- The Tax Magazine, Taxation for Lawyers, and the Review of Taxation of Individuals. His research has been quoted by the Supreme Court of the United States in Indopco v. Commissioner, and he actively contributes to the regulatory standard-setting process.