Also Available On
- Dec 13, 2019
- Dec 18, 2019
- Dec 23, 2019
- Dec 27, 2019
- Dec 30, 2019
- Jan 2, 2020
- Jan 23, 2020
- Jan 29, 2020
- Feb 3, 2020
- Feb 24, 2020
- Mar 9, 2020
- Apr 10, 2020
- Apr 23, 2020
Designed for accounting and attestation practitioners at all levels in both public accounting and business and industry, this course provides a comprehensive review of recent standard setting activities of the PCC, FASB, ASB, and ARSC. Not only will this course bring you up-to-date on the requirements, it also provides you with many hands-on examples and illustrations to help you apply the guidance in practice. You’ll learn about the latest standards, exposure drafts, and guidance focusing on issues applicable to accountants and attestation practitioners in public accounting and private industry. This course also includes a discussion of common audit quality issues noted in peer reviews; updates practitioners on the latest developments impacting compilation, preparation, and review engagements; and discusses other matters of interest to all accountants.
Accounting and auditing practitioners at all levels desiring to remain up-to-date on recent pronouncements and other standard setters’ activities.
- Keep abreast of current private company advocacy activities of the PCC
- Review and apply recently issued FASB, ASB, and ARSC pronouncements
- Be aware of various standard setters’ agendas, technical plans, and project updates
- Understand the newly effective SSARS No. 21 relating to the preparation of financial statements and new guidance on compilations and reviews
- Recall common audit quality issues and concerns
- Be familiar with other important A&A practice matters you should be aware of
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
- Private company standard setting activities
- Recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates
- Revenue recognition
- Other items on the FASB's Technical Agenda
- Recent SEC activity
- Recently issued SASs and other AICPA and PCAOB activity
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification and other recently issued SSARS
- Audit quality issues
- Other important A&A practice matters
Experience in accounting and attestation.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed on Dec 20 at 8:30 AM.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
Richard Daisley, CPA
Surgent Professional Education
Rich is a CPA and has over 25 years of experience in the accounting and auditing field. He has worked in both the client service setting as well as in internal capacities as a facilitator of accounting and auditing courses. He was an assurance manager with PwC, spending time in both the assurance practice as well as with PwC’s Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services group, where he advised clients on the implementation of new accounting pronouncements as well as on issues related to public offerings. Rich also worked in PECO Energy’s Merger and Acquisition group, where he performed financial due diligence that supported PECO’s acquisition activity in the energy sector. He has experience in the manufacturing, health care, energy, and pharmaceutical industries. Prior to joining Surgent, Rich also has more than 10 years of experience as a course developer and facilitator, creating and leading training courses on such topics as revenue recognition, stock based compensation, equity instruments and performing integrated audits under the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation. He also designed and delivered courses on instructor development and facilitation skills to senior PwC internal course instructors. In 2015 he joined Surgent as Director, Accounting & Financial Reporting Content. In this role, he researches and develops the technical content for Surgent’s Accounting and Financial Reporting curriculum.