Section 199A is easily the least understood topic of The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Your clients will look to you for explanations and best practices to maximize the 20% deduction. Pass-through entities and real estate investors stand to gain valuable tax cuts, and the average practitioner cannot afford to be uninformed on Section 199A. This course will cover all relevant facets and nuances of the deduction and enable implementation for tax returns. This program will include all IRS-issued guidance.
Any tax practitioner wishing to understand and apply the §199A deduction.
- Understand how the 20% deduction for pass-through entity owners works
- Implement the benefits of this deduction for income tax returns
- Latest guidance issued by the IRS, whether by way of regulations or administrative announcements
- What happens when the taxpayer owns multiple entities; aggregation rules
- Calculating qualified business income (QBI)
- How to identify a specified service trade or business
- Taxable income limits on specified service trade or businesses
- Maximizing the 20% deduction for pass-through entities and Schedule Cs
- What happens if QBI for a given year is negative?
- Whether a particular tax entity offers a greater Section 199A deduction
- Whether the owner of a Schedule E with net rental income can claim the Section 199A deduction
A basic understanding of the federal tax rules relating to individuals and businesses.
- Qualifies for CFP Credit.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed on Nov 20 at 12:30 PM.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
Michael J. Tucker, CPA, Ph.D., J.D., LL.M.
Ph.D., JD, CPA
Professional Education Network
Michael J. Tucker is an employee of Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC and a consultant for the accounting firm of T.M. Byxbee Co. in Hamden, CT. He is the author of many professional articles and a veteran TV and live-seminar presenter. In addition, he heads up Surgent McCoy's webinar efforts, where he writes and hosts many of the webinars Surgent McCoy sponsors and presents. Mr. Tucker was a professor at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT and worked with KPMG Peat Marwick and Deloitte & Touche. Mr. Tucker received his J.D. from New York University, his LL.M. from Georgetown University Law Center, and his Ph.D. from the University of Houston.