Applying one set of auditing standards is tough. Applying three sets of auditing standards is really tough. However, this is precisely what the auditor does in applying GAAS, the Yellow Book, and the OMB requirements to a single audit. This is an essential course for auditors performing single audits as it will equip you with the hands-on skills needed to perform audits under the Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards. The course materials utilize a highly illustrative and innovative format. Over 40 focused exercises are included to provide an enhanced working knowledge of the single audit requirements.
Auditors performing single audits.
- Stay current in the complex and changing single audit environment
- Save time on single audit engagements via enhanced knowledge of the new single audit requirements contained in the Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
- Excel in the single auditing arena
- Core concepts involved in the single audit
- The current requirements relating to the schedule of expenditures of federal awards (i.e., the SEFA) and how the auditor provides an in relation to opinion on the SEFA
- An in-depth, commonsense look at the four-step major program determination process and common problems encountered in its application
- Performing the compliance audit of federal awards (i.e., the auditor’s responsibilities related to internal control and compliance for major programs and how the auditor utilizes the Compliance Supplement)
- Auditee and auditor responsibilities related to the corrective action plan and the summary schedule of prior audit findings
- The auditor’s reporting responsibilities in a single audit including the critical requirements related to the schedule of findings and questioned costs
- Other significant issues (e.g., key sampling considerations, pass-through entities, and program-specific audits)
Basic single audit knowledge.
- Qualifies for Yellow Book.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed on Dec 17 at 8:30 AM.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
John C. Blanton, CPA
Charlie is the Sr. Director of Government & Nonprofit Content for Surgent Professional Education. He has more than 25 years of experience in auditing and industry having worked at KPMG, the Texas Society of CPAs, Taylor Publishing, Texas Wesleyan University, and the AICPA. Charlie authors Surgent’s government and nonprofit CPE courses, conducts live presentations, and teaches well over 50 webinars annually in the government and nonprofit arena.