Learn how the AICPA’s SAS No. 134 enables greater visibility of the auditor’s opinion on financial statements. Also, learn new measures for preventing fraud, including interviewing techniques during investigations and identifying security threats of 5G wireless communication. These sessions were originally presented at the NJCPA 2020 Governmental Accounting and Auditing Conference.
CPAs, auditors and other financial professionals.
New Auditor Reporting Standards
Patricia O. Fede, CPA – Marks Paneth LLP
The AICPA’s Auditing Standards Board (ASB) issued its Statement on Auditing Standards No. 134 in May of 2019. Discuss modifications such as:
The Emergence of 5G Wireless Communication – Why You Should Be Concerned
Christopher Mangano – Ocellus Tech
- Changes on the "Opinion” and “Basis of Opinion” sections
- How the “Basis of Opinion” section of the auditor's report should include an affirmative statement about the auditor's independence
- The communication of Key Audit Matters (KAMs)
- The revised description of the auditor and management
Most people don’t realize that 5G (5th Generation Wireless) is the equivalent of a moon-landing moment in the world of technology. When the speed of data combines with advancements in Artificial Intelligence and quantum computing, it will make the world nearly unrecognizable. These changes will heighten fraud potential and cyber risks to a level unlike anything before.
The Art of Interviewing in Financial and Fraud Investigations
The majority of human communication is non-verbal, meaning there’s an opportunity to analyze somebody’s body language to determine if they are disingenuous. This presentation will delve into cognitive interview techniques, such as:
- How to frame questions in a manner that people will unknowingly provide more information
- How stress impacts the limbic system and manifests through certain non-verbal actions
- How to build rapport and get anyone to cooperate with you
You will not be eligible for CPE if you previously attended the 2020 Governmental Accounting & Auditing Conference.