April is National Social Security Month
March 27, 2019
It’s National Social Security Month. Here are some of the time-saving features of the my Social Security account on the Social Security Administration's website. Once you create an account, your work history and secure information to estimate what you could receive once you start collecting benefits will be available to you. With your personal my Social Security account, you can also:
- Request a replacement Social Security card
- Set up or change direct deposit
- Get a proof of income letter
- Change your address
- Check the status of your Social Security application
- Get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099).
You can also apply for retirement, disability and Medicare benefits online, as well as take care of other business.
Celebrate National Social Security Month by learning what you can do online anytime, anywhere at socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.