NJBAC Provides Services to CPAs and Their Business Clients
June 20, 2019
Whether you are a full-service firm, tax firm, audit firm, risk management or internal control firm, outsourced service firm or business development firm, the New Jersey Business Action Center (NJBAC) can help you and your clients. The NJBAC is home to a team of experts well-versed in the workings of government and how government regulations affect the day-to-day operations of your clients.
NJBAC staff can help you get answers to the questions you and your clients face year-round, not just during tax season.
- When will the new minimum wage laws take affect?
- What business assistance programs can my small business receive?
- How do I relocate my business?
- Is my small business in an opportunity zone?
The ability to get answers for your clients can only increase your value to them and enhance your efforts to stay abreast of the latest laws specific to your clients and crucial to your ongoing education.
The NJBAC is a business-first resource that can help you get answers from government agencies, all at no cost and strictly confidential.
Housed within the New Jersey Department of State, the NJBAC is a business advocacy team dedicated to solving problems and maximizing growth opportunities for businesses of all sizes.
The approximately 30-person staff is comprised of experts who are in the Office of Business Advocacy, the Office of Small Business Advocacy which includes the Business Helpline, and the Office of Export Promotion. Each of these offices has expertise that NJCPA members and their clients can benefit from.
- Helping entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses
- Answering general business questions through our Business Helpline
- Finding financial resources and lenders
- Assisting with site searches and site selection
- Determining which workforce recruitment and training programs fit your needs
- Identifying the many government programs that are available to help your business, i.e. energy efficiency grants, PILOTS, redevelopment grants, etc.
- Guiding you through the complex processes, permitting and regulations of state agencies such as the Department of Environmental Protection, Department of Community Affairs and Department of Transportation
- Identifying global business opportunities
While the NJBAC office is based in Trenton, team members travel the Garden State each week and will gladly come to your office to help with the issues your clients are facing.
The NJBAC Business Helpline, 1-800-JERSEY-7, is staffed each weekday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with real people ready to answer your questions, and they pride themselves on always getting back to clients within 24 hours if the questions they have require additional research. The Helpline staff works hand in hand with the other NJBAC staffers, getting clients to the right people quickly and efficiently.
Visit the NJBAC website or download their brochure for more information.