New Location - The Wilshire Grand, W. Orange
You can conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues caused by the question of whether or not a business has nexus in a particular jurisdiction. Be the one to guide your client skillfully through the maze of multistate corporate tax codes. Rapidly develop a working knowledge of both multistate tax compliance and related planning opportunities. With the rate of change, you can’t afford to be out-of-date with your knowledge of this critical tax area. Course materials will include the latest developments regarding the Wayfair decision.
Experienced tax professionals and accountants; private industry accounting and finance managers.
- Describe the key principles of multistate taxation
- Advise clients on the implications of establishing nexus in various taxing jurisdictions
- Analyze client opersations and devise strategies that will minimize their client's overall sales and/or income tax liability
- Gauge the impact recent judicial rulings in various states on client operations
- Determine to what extent the state taxation of internet based transactions may impact current and future client activities
- Constitutional limits and P.L. 86-272
- Nexus, UDITPA, MTC
- Calculation of state taxable income
- Filing methods for multistate taxpayers
- Apportionment and allocation
- Multistate income tax planning
- Audit defense strategies
Experience in corporate taxation.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed 24 hours prior to this event.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
Dennis P. Riley, CPA, M.B.A.
Dennis Riley, CPA
Dennis Riley has more than 35 years of experience in accounting, consulting, tax preparation, and government representation. He specializes in the tax and business needs of individuals, families, and entrepreneurial small businesses. He is a frequent lecturer on topics related to taxation and closely held businesses. He has received the Surgent Outstanding Discussion Leader Award because of his consistently high evaluations for knowledge and presentation skills. Riley's experience includes a range of services including negotiations with federal and state government tax authorities, offers in compromise, closing agreements, strategic business plans, litigation support, record reconstruction, business formation and dissolution, problem solving, and tax preparation. He has resolved multiple-year filing issues, organization issues, and business transition problems.