Be prepared before the tax season starts! Find out about the latest federal tax law changes, court decisions, and IRS pronouncements related to partnerships, LLCs, and C and S Corporations. Our discussion leaders will identify ways to integrate the latest tax law changes into planning and compliance engagements and help you provide more value added services to your clients. With the ever-changing tax laws and their increased complexity, you can’t afford to miss this course! Course materials include the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) tax reform law.
Tax practitioners in public practice and industry who need to stay on top of the latest changes in the federal tax law as they relate to pass-through entities and C Corporations.
- Identify new tax changes affecting the upcoming tax season
- Apply the latest planning ideas resulting from recent changes to tax statutes, regulations, cases, and rulings
- Latest changes to federal tax statutes, regulations, cases, and rulings for pass-through entities and C Corporations
- Passive loss, at-risk and basis developments for flow-through entities
- Reasonable compensation issues for corporate shareholder/employees and the latest about self-employment issues for partners and LLC members
- Capitalization versus expense debate
- Property transactions: depreciation and amortization, gains and losses
- Planning for the use of nontaxable transactions to defer tax liability
- Accounting methods and periods
- Compensation issues: fringe benefits, pensions, and profit-sharing plans
Familiarity with federal tax issues for various entities.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed 24 hours prior to this event.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
Peter J. Towle, CPA, J.D., LL.M., RIA
AICPA/Professional Development Institute
Peter J. Towle, CPA, J.D., LL.M.
Peter Towle is a sole practitioner with a general civil practice that includes business and commercial litigation, taxation, family/domestic relations, probate and estate planning, personal injury, accountant’s malpractice, and sports & entertainment representation. Prior to his successful law practice, Mr. Towle worked with a national accounting firm where he had substantial involvement in the development and teaching of various tax courses.
He is a member of the bar association in both Tennessee and Florida. A certified public accountant, Mr. Towle is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Tax Sections of the Tennessee and American Bar Associations, and the Tennessee Society of CPA’s. He is a registered investment advisor in the state of Tennessee.