Get ready for the upcoming tax season! Learn what’s new and what has changed in the federal individual income tax arena. Get up-to-the-minute guidance on the latest tax legislation, court decisions, and IRS pronouncements. Gain practical insights and valuable tax-savings strategies from AICPA’s seasoned tax pros who know what the new laws, rules and court decisions can mean for real-world taxpayers. . With the ever changing tax laws and their increased complexity, you can’t afford to miss this course!
Course materials include the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) tax reform law.
Tax practitioners in public practice and industry who need to stay on top of the latest changes in the federal tax law as they relate to individuals and sole proprietors.
- Identify and comply with the latest requirements resulting from federal tax statues, regulations, cases and rulings
- Utilize new planning ideas for individuals and sole proprietors resulting from recent tax changes
- Latest tax legislation, court rulings, and IRS pronouncements related to individuals and sole proprietors
- Practical return preparation tips
- Latest developments for pass-through entities that affect Schedule C and Schedule E
- Tax-saving ideas
- Unique insights impacting individuals
- Latest IRS rulings impacting individuals
- Latest developments on estates, gifts, and trusts
- Depreciation and amortization
Familiarity with federal tax issues for individuals.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed 24 hours prior to this event.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
Peter J. Towle, CPA, J.D., LL.M., RIA
AICPA/Professional Development Institute
Peter J. Towle, CPA, J.D., LL.M.
Peter Towle is a sole practitioner with a general civil practice that includes business and commercial litigation, taxation, family/domestic relations, probate and estate planning, personal injury, accountant’s malpractice, and sports & entertainment representation. Prior to his successful law practice, Mr. Towle worked with a national accounting firm where he had substantial involvement in the development and teaching of various tax courses.
He is a member of the bar association in both Tennessee and Florida. A certified public accountant, Mr. Towle is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Tax Sections of the Tennessee and American Bar Associations, and the Tennessee Society of CPA’s. He is a registered investment advisor in the state of Tennessee.