Hear an update on all areas of taxation at this popular one-day event. Together with industry experts, explore the latest in state and federal tax legislation.
Don't miss this timely update before the chaos of tax season ensues!
Earn 6 CPE credits in Taxation.
Taxes in Retirement Workshop
Gregory F. Dillon, CFA, CFP®, CLTC, NSSA — OneTeam Financial, LLC
In this session, the speaker will discuss:
- How and why the marginal tax system differs in your retirement years to your detriment
- Will you really take money out of your IRA at a lower tax bracket than you put it in?
- The provisional income calculation on your Social Security payments
- How Capital Gains and Dividends impact your overall tax liability differently in retirement
- The difference between deductions, exemptions and credits on your tax return
- The 9 different pieces of the tax system
- How IRA Required Minimum Distributions work and affect your tax liability
- How Social Security is taxed
- When Medicare premiums can increase as a result of your income
Advanced Strategies for Maximizing Social Security Income
Ash Ahluwalia, MBA, NSSA, CSSCS, CFP — Atlas Advisory Group, LL
This session will review the new rules governing Social Security filing options and advise you of advanced filing strategies available to maximize Social Security benefits. More than 90 percent of filers receive less money than they are entitled to, including individuals who are married, divorced or widowed, couples with minor children and business owners who need your guidance to maximize benefits. We will also address strategies to minimize the taxation of Social Security benefits as well as the best way to maximize benefits for high-net-worth individuals.
The Latest Tax Controversy Hot Topics
Parag Patel, Esq. — Patel Law Offices
With a new IRS Commissioner, who is also a tax controversy attorney, the IRS has ramped up enforcement in certain areas and tax advisors must become familiar with the latest developments in tax controversy. We will explore: Foreign Bank Account Report updates, Collection enforcement developments, Penalty developments, the IRS’s new voluntary disclosure programs, the latest IRS audit campaign initiatives, and other hot topics in tax controversy. Experienced tax attorney Parag Patel has counseled hundreds of taxpayers in the resolution of their complex tax controversy problems.
South Dakota v. Wayfair: What's Next?
Peggy Tilles, J.D., LL.M. — Sax LLP
Learn the sales tax implications for your clients' businesses in light of the 2018 US Supreme Court ruling that overturned Quill v. North Dakota.
Online pre-registration for this event is now closed.