The Application of Data
Analysis Essentials Certificate offers hands-on experience regarding how
to analyze data and calculate fundamental aspects of your data sets. This
certificate program provides the core concepts and definitions of data
analytics, which explain the anatomy of data as a medium, and provides
fundamental statistical analysis techniques for beginning to glean useful
information from data.
First, you will learn the different types of
variables that make up a data set and perform meaningful calculations on
data to discover and explore relationships that yield insights: central
tendency, variability, probability, and distribution. Then we will delve
into recognizing these qualities in their different forms and how to
utilize them in practical business situations. This program offers
straightforward exercises to help you practice and immediately apply what
you've learned. You will also get exposure to and practice with useful
concepts such as quartiles, variance, and standard
Finally, you will be introduced to one of the most
powerful tools available for analyzing data: the open-source "R" platform.
You will be guided through an actual use case for analyzing data using R
and complete your learning by seeing how the statistical concepts you've
just learned can be applied in a real-world example. By completing this
certificate, you will have a solid grasp of core statistical techniques
underpinning an analytics practice and hands-on-practice using
- The nature and types of different variables in data sets and how to use
- Fundamental statistical concepts for working with
- Characteristics of data that can be used for conducting
- Basic calculations for analyzing and discovering useful
insights from data sets
- How to understand and calculate
probability from a data set
- Different types of distribution and
how they can be used
- Guided exposure to the open-source R
platform and its analytics capabilities
- A practical case study
exploring how statistical analysis can be used in a common
- Examples and practice exercises throughout the
program to reinforce what you learn
- Determine and classify variables.
- Calculate meaningful statistics, including central tendency, measurement
and variability, basic probability, conditional probability, advanced
probabilities, discrete distributions, and continuous distributions.
- Analyze statistics and distributions in R case study.
- Analyze fraud-detection case study.
Who Will It Benefit?
Accounting and finance professionals, especially those interested in learning
and applying data analysis techniques to help their organizations make informed,
data-driven business decisions.
- Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Level: Intermediate
- CPE Credit: 15
$839.00 - Member Price
$999.00 - Nonmember Price
Login to Purchase:
You must be logged in to purchase an Certificate Program. Please login