This course focuses on areas that may need special attention in a single audit. Increase your knowledge regarding these areas found in single audits and Yellow Book engagements using simulated case studies and practice exercises with lessons for today’s issues. These case studies and practice exercises are based on Government Auditing Standards, 2011 Revision and the Uniform Guidance and will assist you in avoiding common mistakes and recognizing deficiencies before it’s too late.
Auditors performing single audits and internal financial staff of governmental and not-for-profit entities.
- Identify issues related to engagement letters
- Analyze the requirements of continuing professional education under the Yellow Book CPE rule
- Compare key points concerning the GAGAS Independence Framework to related issues
- Identify considerations for major program determination
- Determine the process of drafting an audit finding
- Differentiate auditee and auditor responsibilities related to the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) and potential problem areas in SEFA presentation
- Choose the reporting requirements of a single audit
- Engagement letters
- Management representation letters
- Yellow Book CPE
- The Government Accountability Office and Independence
- Major program determination
- Fraud risk factors
- Audit sampling
- Drafting findings
- Reporting requirements
- Update on Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision
Experience in the Yellow Book and OMB environment.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
- Qualifies for Yellow Book.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Help Feed Those in Need
- The NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council is hosting a Food Drive to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. Please bring your nonperishable items and canned goods to this event. Peanut butter and tuna fish are always needed.