Specifically tailored for practitioners who do not perform audits, but provide other attest and non-attest services to small and medium-sized businesses, this course is a comprehensive update covering recently issued accounting, compilation, and review standards, as well as other professional guidance impacting small and medium-sized business accountants. The course uses practical examples and illustrations to help you understand and apply the material in practice.
Practitioners at all levels who provide non-audit and non-attest services to small- and medium-sized businesses desiring to remain up-to-date on recent pronouncements and other standard setters’ activities and professional guidance.
- Keep abreast of current private company standard setting activities of the PCC
- Review recently issued accounting and non-audit attestation pronouncements
- Understand the new SSARS No. 21 relating to the preparation of financial statements and new guidance on compilations and reviews as well as changes due to SSARS No. 22. 23 and 24
- Be aware of other important guidance affecting small- and medium-sized business practitioners
- Private company standard setting activities
- Small and medium-sized business related ASUs
- Revenue recognition and leases update
- Special purpose frameworks – cash, modified cash, and tax basis
- Common small- and medium-sized business financial statement errors and deficiencies
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, including the new preparation of financial statements non-attest service as well as the impact of SSARS No. 22, 23 and 24
- Other types of small and medium-sized business attest engagements - examinations, reviews and agreed-upon procedures engagements on financial forecasts and projections, and pro forma financial information
Experience in accounting and auditing.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.