Recently updated to include discussion of new FASB standards on revenue, leases and measurement of financial instruments, this course is designed for small and medium-sized business practitioners and their staff, whether in public accounting or business and industry. Gain a comprehensive review of recent FASB accounting and reporting matters most relevant to smaller companies including: Private Company Standard Setting activities; Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) recently issued and the FASB’s current technical agenda; Revenue Recognition; Lease Accounting; and new ASUs dealing with financial instruments. Then, discuss hot topics such as cyber-security and enterprise risk management. Examples and illustrations provide hands-on application to help you assess and implement the new standards and guidance applicable to your practice and clients.
Small and medium-sized practicing CPAs and their staffs, both in public accounting and business and industry, controllers, accountants and other financial accounting personnel involved in financial statement preparation and review.
- Be familiar with recent private company standard setting activities
- Review recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates as they relate to small and medium-sized businesses
- Understand the impact of implementing FASB’s new revenue recognition standard
- Review the FASB’s recently issued lease accounting standard
- Understand the changes coming with the FASB’s new financial instruments standards
- Be aware of other important practice matters
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
- Private company standard setting activities
- FASB Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) relevant to smaller businesses
- Revenue recognition implementation guidance
- Lease accounting implementation guidance
- Overview of recent FASB Updates on financial instruments
- Other important practice matters to practitioners who serve small and medium-size businesses, including cybersecurity and technology trends
Experience in financial accounting and reporting.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.