This EBP Audit Essentials course will provide attendees with an overview of current issues affecting employee benefit plan auditing. Sessions will cover A&A considerations for EBP audits and the impact of the SECURE and CARES acts.
CPAs involved in the auditing of employee benefit and pension plans
- Learn how SAS No. 136 will impact your audit procedures as well as review the new auditor’s report
- Discuss the SECURE Act and its various provisions
- Learn how the CARES Act affects employee benefit plans
Sessions included in this program:
Accounting & Auditing Update
Kevin Nardone, CPA and Robert W. Reilly, CPA – EisnerAmper LLP
Attendees will obtain knowledge of essential accounting and auditing considerations affecting 2019 employee benefit plan audits. This session will include discussions of existing guidance with practical insight on implementing new and proposed accounting standards No.136 for employee benefit plan financial statements.
SECURE Act Potpourri
Charles Rosenberg, CRA, CRC, AIF – Intac Actuarial Services Inc.
The SECURE Act contains numerous provisions that affect retirement plans. Provisions of the Act covered in this session will include:
Recent Federal Government Acts Impacting ERISA
Daniel Richardson, CPA, MBA, and Sean P. Linde, CPA - WithumSmith+Brown PC
- “Open” Multiple Employer Plans - who should venture into the realm of Pooled Employer Plans and what are the pros and cons of doing so.
- New Rules covering safe harbor plans and the elimination of the 30-day advance notice requirement
- How to effectively plan for safe harbor elections on a retroactive basis
- Additional changes to qualified plans resulting from the adoption of the SECURE Act provisions
This session will cover the latest legislation impacting retirement plans through the CARES and Families First Coronavirus Response Acts. Notably, CARES Act provisions allow participants impacted by coronavirus far greater access to their retirement accounts. Discussions on:
- Key components of the regulations, including the latest developments and planning strategies.
- Issues that may impact plan administrators and plan fiduciaries.
- The implications of these regulations on plan audits.
This program is a replay of sessions from the 2020 NJCPA Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Conference. Previous attendees are not eligible for CPE credit more than once.