NJCPA President, Alan Sobel, will be the featured speaker. Alan and Karen Henderson from Sobel will discuss BAIT. The New Jersey Business Alternative Income Tax (BAIT) is an elective-level tax on pass-through businesses that continues to evolve. Partnerships, LLCs, S corporations - and specially partners/shareholders of flow-through entities - will need expert tax planning advice.
CPAs in public practice who advise flow-through entity clients as well as CPAs in industry who work for or manage partnerships, LLCs or S corporations
Attending this session will arm all participants with the most current information and guidance on New Jersey’s BAIT, effective for tax years beginning on or after Jan. 1, 2020.
Proactive planning to minimize clients’ tax burden is critical. This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Taxation planning strategies for the owners share of distributive proceeds
- Refundable tax credits
- The impact on single-member LLCs and sole proprietorships
- Safe harbor provisions and tax rates on pass-through entity income levels
- Multistate Considerations
- Federal Tax Considerations