This year, not-for-profit entities are preparing for or applying critical new standards related to contributions, leases and more. In addition, governments are preparing for or applying critical new standards related to fiduciary activities, leases and more. Now is the time to know more than just what the standards say, we need to know what they mean and how they will affect both these entities. This course is designed to do just that! The course materials utilize a highly illustrative and innovative format with focused exercises included to provide an enhanced working knowledge of the most critical challenges in not-for-profit and government accounting today.
Not-for-profit and governmental industry professionals and auditors.
- Identify the critical changes occurring in not-for-profit and governmental accounting today
- Skillfully implement today’s most challenging FASB and GASB standards
- More effectively audit not-for-profit and governmental entities with superior knowledge of key accounting issues
- Prepare for the implementation of the new FASB ASU on grants, contracts and contributions (i.e., ASU No 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and the Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made)
- Develop a deeper understanding of the requirements in ASU No. 2016-02, Leases, and how not-for-profit entities will implement the standard
- Review additional key challenges in not-for-profit accounting today
- The implementation of GASB No. 84, Fiduciary Activities
- How governments can prepare for and implement GASB No. 87, Leases
- Additional recently issued GASB standards
Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting and basic auditing.
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.