The accounting profession and financial markets have been plagued during the past several
years with numerous cases of financial reporting problems. This course will
go through some real life examples of financial statement fraud and/or failed audits.
The course will cover how to recognize deceptive practices related to revenue recognition,
detail related party and off-balance sheet schemes, and how earnings can be manipulated
through inappropriate estimates.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
Practitioners in industry and in public practice
- Identify creative accounting practices used to deceive financial statement users
- Identify those risk characteristics normally associated with fraudulent financial
- Emphasize improper revenue recognition practices and techniques to identify them
- Overview of fraudulent activity
- Revenue recognition concerns
- Related parties and off-balance sheet schemes
- Use of estimates to manipulate earnings