Effective January 1, 2024, an estimated 32.6 million entities will be required to report information about their beneficial owners to FinCEN as part of the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA). In an effort to combat money laundering and other illegal activities, the law provides harsh penalties for the failure to report the required information. This reporting specifically targets small businesses and holding entities, creating opportunities for accountants, tax practitioners, and other business advisors to expand their service offerings. The course includes an overview of the CTA and a detailed discussion of what information needs to be reported to FinCEN.
Accounting and finance professionals who service clients affected by the new CTA, and accounting and finance professionals whose own entity may be affected as well
- Understand the goals of the beneficial ownership reporting
- Identify what entities need to file the reports and what information needs to be provided
- The Corporate Transparency Act and its goals
- Which entities need to file reports and which entities are exempt?
- Who is a beneficial owner and what is substantial control?
- How to get your firm and your clients ready for the requirements