Designed for all tax practitioners, including those who just prepare returns and those who assist on financial statement engagements, this course will replenish your accounting and reporting tank with an update of recent standard-setting activities at the FASB and AICPA. To start, the course will review the significant new financial accounting, auditing, accounting services and ethics guidance issued by standard setters over the past few years.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
All tax practitioners desiring to remain up-to-date on recent accounting, reporting, and compilation and review activities
- Come up-to-speed on recent standard setting activities at the FASB and the AICPA
- Determine the income tax accounting impact of recently issued and proposed FASB ASUs
- Be aware of auditing trends on the radar
- Understand and apply the SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, relating to the preparation of financial statements and new guidance on compilations and reviews
- Recent standard setting and consulting activities at the FASB
- Proposed updates to income tax accounting and financial statement disclosures
- Tax basis financial statements
- Recently issued Statements on Auditing Standards and other audit related hot topics
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, and other recently issued and proposed SSARS
Experience in financial accounting and reporting