This course provides a detailed discussion on the key topics related to financial reporting, though in a summarized format. The course will focus on recent ASUs issued by the FASB with a concentration on issues of greatest significance to most accounting practitioners. Specifically, the course will review recently issued FASB standards on leases and provide an update on the status of ASC 842 implementation and other hot button accounting issues, such as what is on the FASB’s technical agenda. This course is the place to go for a succinct but thorough update on the big topics impacting financial accounting and reporting.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
Practicing CPAs and their staffs, both in public accounting and business and industry, as well as controllers, accountants, and other financial accounting personnel involved in financial statement preparation and review
- Be aware of recent private company standard setting activities
- Review the latest FASB Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs)
- Understand the new lease accounting guidance found in Topic 842, Leases
- Recall key provisions of recently issued FASB Updates
- Private company standard setting activities
- Recent FASB Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs)
- Topic 842, Leases
- ASC 326: CECL
Experience in financial accounting and reporting