This year, not-for-profit entities are preparing to apply critical new standards related to contributions of nonfinancial assets, leases, and more. Now is the time to know more than just what the standards say – we need to know what they mean and how they will affect not-for-profit entities. This course is designed to do just that! The course materials utilize a highly illustrative and innovative format. Over 15 focused exercises are included to provide an enhanced working knowledge of the most critical challenges in not-for-profit accounting today.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
Not-for-profit industry professionals and auditors.
- Identify the critical changes occurring in not-for-profit accounting today
- Skillfully implement today’s most challenging FASB standards affecting not-for-profits
- More effectively audit not-for-profit entities through superior knowledge of key accounting issues
- Preparing for the implementation of the new FASB ASU on grants, contracts, and contributions (i.e., ASU No 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and the Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made)
- Developing a deeper understanding of the requirements in ASU No. 2016-02, Leases, and how not-for-profit entities will implement the standard
- A review of additional key challenges in not-for-profit accounting today
Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting
- Qualifies for Yellow Book