One of the most favored employee benefit plans, the 401(k) plan, provides unique challenges for auditors. Obtain an understanding of the rules and regulations unique to employee benefit plans with the practical guidance provided by this seminar. Auditors will enhance their knowledge through real world examples, best practices and efficient audit techniques that can be utilized in various audit engagements. Make sure your audits don't trigger a DOL inspection by conforming to all applicable rules and regulations.
Practitioners responsible for planning and performing employee benefit plan audit engagements.
- Properly document your understanding of the plan, the environment and internal controls for an employee benefit plan
- Understand the importance of reading, reviewing, and documenting the controls in a Service Organization Control Report
- Identify potential audit triggers that may result in an inspection by the Department of Labor
- Understand the risks associated with a benefit plan audit engagement
- Avoid common mistakes noted during peer reviews
- Learn how to properly plan your benefit plan audit engagement and develop an audit strategy while improving overall efficiency
- Find out how to avoid common pitfalls in planning and detailed audit procedures
- Annual update of the changes affecting 401(k) plans
- Description of common mistakes as noted in peer reviews and DOL inspections
- The new audit standard for employee benefit plans
Basic understanding of auditing defined contribution plans.
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.