* This course is #5 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button in Program Highlights section below to see suggested viewing order. * Data can be messy! In other words, it is not always clean and neat. Data comes from various sources like text files, Excel spreadsheets, databases, report files, etc. This is how most data analysis projects fail - the inability to get the correct data. This class focuses on using Power Query (Get and Transform) to clean, shape and transform your messy data while still allowing you a one-click refresh. We will review various data issues including appending files, combining multiple files from a folder, adding custom columns, unpivoting data, creating a lookup table, and much more. This session is presented using Excel 2019. Regardless of the version you are using, most concepts covered in this course apply to all versions of Excel. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Anyone who uses or wants to use Excel for data analysis.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Use Power Query to solve your data clean-up issues
- Determine how Power Query allows you to get more data into Excel
- Apply a one-click step to refresh your data
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Append files
- Combine multiple files from a folder
- Add custom columns
- Unpivot a table
- Create a lookup table from a table
This course is #5 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button below to see suggested viewing order.
Power BI Series
Attended the Prepare Your Data Efficiently for Excel Analysis course or equivalent.