Governmental entities are the second largest victims of embezzlement. This seminar examines recent events involving theft of public money and circumstances that allowed the fraud to occur.
CPAs, government finance personnel, all Internal Auditors, lawyers, governance professionals, accountants and human resource personnel.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to...
- Understand the factors that create an environment for fraud to easily occur.
- Identify areas where there could be an inadvertent failure to separate duties.
- Ascertain the proper role of an external auditor and identify areas where independence can be compromised.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- How organizations can find themselves defrauded due to lax oversight and weak internal controls.
- How the existence of the “trusted advisor” creates situations where CPAs can drop their professional skepticism.
- Illustrations of the issues companies should look for in preventing fraud and embezzlement.