This might come as a shock, but schools and school programs can be susceptible to fraud and corruption. This session will examine the facts surrounding several recent school fraud and corruption cases to determine if and how they could have been prevented and if and how auditors should have detected them. Participants will be challenged to:
- Identify the fraud risk factors that should have alerted auditors to the fraud or corruption problem
- Evaluate the legs of the Fraud Triangle that supported the fraud
- Postulate appropriate fraud risk factor responses that would have led to the detection of the problem
- Evaluate whether or not the auditors should be held accountable for failing to detect the problem
Practitioners charged with either internal control or audit responsibilities should benefit from this session.
Accountants and auditors at all levels
- Why fraud in schools is prevalent
- Red flags and fraud risk factors related to school fraud
- How the fraud triangle applies to schools
- School fraud
- Fraud risk factors
- Fraud triangle
- Types and examples of school fraud
Please contact the ACPEN help desk 1-877-602-9877 or email@example.com if you wish to cancel your attendance for a previously purchased webcast and are requesting a refund or transfer.