Many professionals including corporate management, loan officers, investors, suppliers, customers and auditors use financial statement analysis to perform their daily responsibilities. This program focuses on financial statements and the analysis of financial statements utilizing cases to assess profitability, liquidity and resource management efficiency. We conclude with discussions of non-GAAP performance measurements, forecasting, and valuation.
Industry CPAs, accountants and financial professionals who analyze financial results, evaluate operational performance, perform acquisition due diligence and develop business strategies. The program is also beneficial for auditors when performing risk assessments as a part of audit planning.
- Describe the different financial statement users and their informational needs
- For each financial statement—balance sheet, income statement and the cash flow statement—identify characteristics, alternatives and risks associated with specific financial statement elements
- Perform financial statement analysis using best practices and various cases
- Compare financial statements of different companies in the same industry and the same company across different time periods
- Explain the importance of using a company’s MD&A for effective financial statement analysis
- Financial reporting and financial statements
- A closer look at financial statements
- Financial Statement Analysis—Part 1
- Financial Statement Analysis—Part 2
- Use of Non-GAAP Performance Measures and KPIs
- Comprehensive Financial Statement Analysis Case Study
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Request a Reminder
Note: Online pre-registration will be closed 24 hours prior to this event.
Need a printable registration form? Click here
Registrations will be accepted at the door.
Kenneth A. Heaslip, CPA, CGMA
Group Discussion Leader
Loscalzo Associates, Ltd.
Kenneth Heaslip, MS, MBA, CPA, CGMA, licensed as a CPA in New Jersey, is a discussion leader and Content
Specialist Instructor for Loscalzo Associates Ltd., a division of SmartPros, a Kaplan company. Kenn has
extensive experience teaching all levels of accounting, auditing, and other practice-related areas. He has served as Vice President and Trustee of the New Jersey Society of CPAs, Secretary of their Scholarship Fund, President of the Essex Chapter, and chair of several task forces. He is an active member of many society committees in accounting and auditing, taxation, and student programs, as well as past chair of the Educators Committee. Kenn currently serves on the NJCPA Professional Conduct Committee. He is a Director at Leaf, Miele, Manganelli, Fortunato & Engel LLP, a regional CPA firm in New Jersey and New York City.
Kenn has been a Professor of Accounting at Bloomfield College and Kean University, as well as an Executive in
Residence at Seton Hall University, where he was the students’ choice as Educator of the Year two years in a
row. He taught in the Executive MBA program at Rutgers University and has been with Becker CPA Review since
1983, serving as National Director for several years. As National Director, he was lead editor of course content
and oversaw the hiring and training of 350 instructors on staff. Kenn has lectured extensively throughout the
United States, Canada, and Asia.
Kenn earned his BA from Rutgers University and has an MS in taxation and MBA in finance from Seton Hall