You can conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues caused by the question of whether or not a business has nexus in a particular jurisdiction. Be the one to guide your client skillfully through the maze of multistate corporate tax codes. Rapidly develop a working knowledge of both multistate tax compliance and related planning opportunities. With the rate of change, you can’t afford to be out-of-date with your knowledge of this critical tax area. Course materials will include the latest developments regarding the Wayfair decision.
Experienced tax professionals and accountants; private industry accounting and finance managers.
- Describe the key principles of multistate taxation
- Advise clients on the implications of establishing nexus in various taxing jurisdictions
- Analyze client opersations and devise strategies that will minimize their client's overall sales and/or income tax liability
- Gauge the impact recent judicial rulings in various states on client operations
- Determine to what extent the state taxation of internet based transactions may impact current and future client activities
- Constitutional limits and P.L. 86-272
- Nexus, UDITPA, MTC
- Calculation of state taxable income
- Filing methods for multistate taxpayers
- Apportionment and allocation
- Multistate income tax planning
- Audit defense strategies
Experience in corporate taxation.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.