The construction industry comes with many advanced accounting standards, audit procedures and tax issues, making construction contractor engagements inherently riskier than similar engagements. Learn about some of the most pervasive issues in the industry and how to identify and manage the risks inherent with construction contractor engagements.
Practitioners and financial professionals in the construction industry.
- Apply accounting and financial reporting standards to complex situations involving construction contractors
- Evaluate and perform audit processes to avoid common deficiencies in construction engagements
- Identify tax compliance issues unique to the construction industry
- Strategic planning for the contractor
- Contractor internal controls
- Fraud and the contractor
- Joint venture accounting
- Contractor’s benchmarks
- Cash management for the contractor
- Construction cost allocations
- Assisting the financially troubled contractor
- Audit risks
- Deferred income taxes
- Tax planning and AMT
Previous experience in the construction industry.