If you are looking to gain more skills in the growing and lucrative field of forensic accounting, you’ll want to start with this course. Effective forensic accountants are part of a new breed of practitioners who possess a broad spectrum of traits and knowledge. This course dives into the unique investigative and communications skills and analytical practices required
of the best forensic accountants by teaching you how to provide expert witness testimony in mediations, arbitrations, and governmental hearings. You’ll also learn how to use proven research, investigative methods, and proper documentation of evidence to successfully complete a forensic accounting engagement.
Individuals looking to expand their knowledge of forensic accounting.
- Identify the different types of engagements conducted by forensic accountants
- Determine how to search for and document evidence
- Apply investigatory techniques for conducting interviews
- Analyze solutions for uncovering hidden assets using a hands-on team case study
- Evaluate how to document your findings in forensic accounting reports
- Identify how to prepare to be an expert witness at a deposition and trial
- Determine what to expect and how to avoid opposing counsels' attempts to exclude your testimony
- Evidence in the investigative process
- Tools used in forensic investigations
- Conducting interviews
- Searching for hidden assets
- Forensic accounting reports
- Expert witness testimony
Experience in accounting and financial reporting.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.