Make sure your clients are protecting themselves from higher taxes. Get the latest techniques for building and conserving wealth through proactive tax-planning and investment strategies. Completely updated for tax law changes, this course will bring you up-to-date on the latest strategies which will preserve your clients’ wealth and ensure your role as trusted advisor to your clients! Course materials include the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) tax reform law.
CPAs looking for innovative tax-planning techniques to help clients fight higher taxes.
- Recall how to increase client wealth by focusing on tax-saving opportunities not considered in the past
- Apply tax-planning moves in light of new and recent tax developments
- Recognize ways to protect your client from tax pitfalls
- Recall anticipated possible tax legislation and determine how to position your clients for financial success
- Impact of Supreme Court’s rejections of Defense of Marriage Act
- New 0.9% and 3.8% Medicare taxes
- Mutual fund tax strategies
- All about Roth IRAs - including strategies for self-employed individuals and estate planners
- The 100% gain exclusion for qualified small business stock
- Personal residence transactions - including short sales and foreclosures
- Reverse mortgages can save taxes on greatly appreciated residences
- Converting personal residences into rentals: tax implications
- Tax-saving ideas for self-employed clients - including ways to reduce SE and FICA taxes, strategies for husband-wife businesses, depreciation breaks and much more
- Tax angles for vacation homes, timeshares, and co-ownership arrangements
- Divorcing clients - tax angles are critically important
- State-of-the-art tax planning for college expenses
- Employer stock options: tax planning moves
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Help Feed Those in Need
- The NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council is hosting a Food Drive to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. Please bring your nonperishable items and canned goods to this event. Peanut butter and tuna fish are always needed.