In this turbulent world, risk management responsibility has fallen squarely on financial managers’ shoulders. Audit committees and external auditors are asking questions they never asked before and we must prepare to give them answers.
Upper level financial managers.
Gain insight about Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and what professional standards say every company must do.
Business Risk Categorization
Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- What is “risk”?
- What are the categories of risk?
- Understand the COSO ERM model
- Understand risk control processes
- Receive an update on SOX risk management
- Assess risk: small verse large companies
- Understand the financial manager’s role
- Understand six risk management tools
- Know how to responsibly “frame” risk
- Take a brief quiz to determine if you are a risktaker or a risk‐avoider
- Know how ethics and risk concepts interrelate
- Learn risk management’s behavioral aspects
- Know how much risk you can live with
- Understand factors that distort our perceptions in framing risk and making risk decisions
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Help Feed Those in Need
- The NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council is hosting a Food Drive to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. Please bring your nonperishable items and canned goods to this event. Peanut butter and tuna fish are always needed.