Liquidations may be used as an alternative to the sale of a business or as an adjunct to the sale of business assets. The objective of this course is to fully explore the technical tax and business issues in liquidating C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. This unique course is essential for anyone planning to sell a business.
CPAs in public accounting and industry involved in business entity liquidations.
- Understand, apply SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification
- Describe the tax consequences to a corporation and its shareholders on a complete liquidation and the alternatives to a liquidation
- Understand the particular issues in the liquidation of an S corporation
- Consider the options available on the complete liquidation of a partnership or LLC
- Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- The unique planning opportunities and tax traps involved in the liquidation of a business entity
- Understanding installment sales and the big hurdles to favorable tax treatment in liquidation
- Filing Form 966: it's more important than you think
- An analysis of when liquidation is advisable - now or later
- Strategies to pursue in light of the tax rates on dividends and capital gains
- The special problems of liquidating subchapter S corporations
- Key planning issues and benefits in liquidating partnerships and limited liability companies
A basic course in partnerships/LLCs, S corporations and C corporations.
This seminar qualifies for IRS credit.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.