The first part of the program will focus on how analytical procedures (Aps) are utilized for different purposes and can be the most cost efficient of accounting procedures. Interestingly, they are the least utilized and efficiencies are lost. Understanding the types, uses and purposes is misunderstood by many accountants as evidenced by continual peer review deficiencies. This course is a must for anyone needing to understand the use and application and benefits of analytical procedures. This course will provide participants with hands-on techniques on how to perform analytical procedures as required by the standards in an engagement.
The second part of the program participants will learn the history behind blockchain technology and its major components, how blockchain challenges the accounting status quo and how to handle issues surrounding auditing and assurance in the blockchain era.
Accountants in public practice, whether needing a refresher or a deep dive into the use of APs. All staff responsible for the accounting and finance functions within an organization that may leverage blockchain technology.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to utilize analytical procedures. Case studies on how to develop expectations perform, and document the process will be presented
- Explain the background and origin of blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT)
- Identify the key components of blockchain technology in distributed transactions and smart contracts
- Describe how blockchain technology could impact accounting and financial professions
- Address the challenges presented by auditing and assurance to an organization’s adoption of blockchain technology
- Types of analytical procedures and which work best for specific purposes:
- Period to period comparisons
- Analysis of relationships among accounts
- Comparison to industry standards
- Comparison of financial to non-financial data
- Developing expectations
- Factors to be considered in using Aps as a substantive test
- Disaggregated and nonfinancial analytical procedures
- Evaluation of differences
- Documentation issues
- Smart contract
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit njcpa.org/MyEvents. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Help Feed Those in Need
- The NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council is hosting a Food Drive to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. Please bring your nonperishable items and canned goods to this event. Peanut butter and tuna fish are always needed.