The Essex Chapter is proud to offer its Annual Tax Seminar. Hear an update on all areas of taxation at this popular one-day event. Together with industry experts, explore the latest in state, federal, and business taxation. Don't miss this timely update before the chaos of tax season ensues!
Earn 5 CPE credits in TX.
7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Registration, Breakfast & Exhibitors
8:30 - 8:35 a.m.
Welcome and Introduction
Brian King, CPA - Independent Consultant
Essex Chapter President
8:35 - 9:30 a.m.
New York Tax Update
Joseph Endres, Esq. - Hodgson Russ LLP
Enjoy a fast-paced discussion of "hot" New York State tax developments, including the 2019-2020 Budget Bill. In addition to a review of new cases, legislation and administrative rulings, this presentation will also discuss the State's extremely successful residency audit program and new developments in sales and use tax cases.
- 2019- 2020 NYS Budget Bill
- New Tax Department enforcement initiatives
- Sales tax tips and traps, E-Commerce issues, and multistate Wayfair issues
- Residency planning issues and audit tips and traps
- Abandoned property
9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Wayfair and Nexus Law
David J. Shipley, J.D. - McCarter & English Attorneys at Law
- How states are changing their laws after the Wayfair decision
- Addressing issues and concerns relating to state sales and income tax nexus
10:30 - 11 a.m.
11 - 11:50 a.m.
New Jersey Tax Update
Alexis Reid - NJ Division of Taxation
- Changes to income tax and business tax
- New happenings and resources from the NJ Division of Taxation
11:50 - 1:30 p.m.
Federal Tax Update and Section 199A
Andrew Oppenheimer, J.D., LL.M. - Hodgson Russ, LLP
- Qualified Business Income Deduction – One Year Later and Review of the Final Regulations
- Federal Tax changes and new considerations – Review of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
This program is NOT part of Essex Chapter's Season Pass.
Early birds save $10 - late fee applied after 11/15.
The Essex Chapter is sponsoring a food drive during our Annual Tax Seminar. Your donations of non-perishable food items are greatly appreciated or purchase a bag of groceries on site for $5. All contributions will be sent to the Human Needs Food Pantry of Montclair.
NOTE: handouts will be available onsite for this program.