Two of the most important skills that every CFO, CPA or auditor should develop are applying data analytics and creating visual dashboard reporting models. This two-day course will teach you both skills using one of the most popular tools available: Microsoft Power BI.
When you complete this course, you will advance your ability to perform powerful data analytics and create engaging dashboards. You will be sought after in your organization as the “go to” person to tap into these skills to help your management team and colleagues make better business decisions. You will leave with knowledge that will set you apart in your profession.
All CPAs and accounting professionals who need to analyze data.
- Understand the various Power BI tools available
- Know which Power BI tool to use in various situations
- Know how to use Power Pivot to take your data analysis to the next level
- Create measures that weren’t possible in regular PivotTables
- Analyze date-based data in many new ways
- Build interactive visuals to present your data analysis
- Introduction to Excel Power BI tools
- Loading data into Power Pivot
- Using Power Query to clean and transform data
- Building a data model
- Creating calculations using DAX functions and formulas
- Using a date table to create time-intelligent measures
- Publishing data models and visualizations to Power BI Services
Thorough understanding of PivotTables.
You must install the Power Pivot Excel add-in and Power BI Desktop prior to class. Email email@example.com for detailed instructions on how to prepare your laptop for a hands-on experience.
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.