Businesses and non-profits today face an explosion of EEOC actions and employment litigation that can threaten the organization’s financial stability as well as its reputation. This course will update you on, and provide tips about mitigating exposure for, the key employment risks that every employer faces: cyber issues such as social media, device and internet use, wrongful termination, retaliation, whistleblowers, all types of discrimination and harassment, workplace safety, wage and hour laws, immigration issues, laws such as the FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, COBRA, FLSA, and more. Know how to react to developing employment issues, understand recent trends in employment claims, and arm yourself with the knowledge and assessment tools that can make a difference for your employer or your clients.
CPAs who want to increase their knowledge of employment law issues encountered by businesses and non-profits.
- Measure risk in the primary areas of employment exposures
- Determine if your organization is current and compliant in cyber related issues affecting websites, devices, social media, and more
- Develop and enhance policies and procedures in response to identified employment risks
- Understand trends in retaliation, discrimination, disability, wrongful termination, and other high-risk areas of employment law
- Identify and implement measures to deter and reduce developing
employment-related legal exposures
- Employment issues related to social media, e-device and BYOD, Internet use, and website contents
- Wrongful termination, at-will employment, constructive discharge and retaliation
- Age, race/national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, genetic, religious, disability, and other forms of discrimination
- Dealing with whistleblowers in all types of organizations
- Wage and hour issues and immigration/undocumented workers
- Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, and more
- When and why some employers are hit with multimillion dollar verdicts in favor of former employees
- Noncompete, nondisclosure, and nonsolicitation agreements
- Key trends in recent employment cases and legislation
Experience in, and knowledge of, employment law issues encountered by businesses and non-profits.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.