With different tax rates for individuals and trusts, tax planning takes on more importance. New ideas for financial planning for retirement must be considered. The purpose of this course is to explore practical tax-planning ideas that practitioners can use to assist clients with their needs. This course is crucial for CPAs who are looking for good ideas that can save clients’ money! Continually updated for legislative developments.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
All practitioners, especially those who want to provide the best up-to-the-minute tax advice.
- Understand life insurance for both income and estate planning
- Identify strategies that are effective following estate and gift tax reform
- Understand options available to baby boomers as they reach retirement considering Social Security
- The SECURE Act, including IRA and RMD changes
- The best new income tax and estate-planning ideas, including items from tax reform
- Highlights of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act including the §199A deduction
- The changing Social Security landscape: what it means for planning
- Creative charitable giving strategies
- Financial planning strategies
- Maximizing retirement plan benefits
- Using intentionally defective grantor trusts
- Miscellaneous tax-planning techniques that can add up to significant tax savings
- How to use the whole family for tax savings
- Life insurance
- Up-to-the-minute ideas reflecting new tax law changes in cases, regulations and rulings
Basic course in individual income tax, Social Security and estate planning.
- This seminar qualifies for CFP credit.
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.