This fast-paced, one-day course covers the latest developments in federal taxation, updated biweekly, with emphasis on real world applications. This program is always applauded for its relevance and coverage of practical issues. Emphasis on current issues, planning, and strategy keeps participants interested all day. Learn how to avoid penalties, how to use IRS “Frequently Asked Questions” to answer tough questions relating to new laws, how to plan with regulations and other guidance issued since the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and much more.
Tax advisors in public practice and corporate tax departments who want an up-to-the minute review of federal tax developments delivered in plain English.
- Understand and work with tax law changes
- Analyze court decisions, IRS notices, revenue rulings, and revenue procedures for application to your clients’ tax planning and compliance
- Be aware of audit issues
- Assess pending legislation
- Anticipate and create opportunities for tax reduction
- Avoid penalties IRC Sec. 6662 imposes on careless taxpayers
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act - what's new and what guidance has been issued
- Other tax legislation passed by Congress
- New Treasury Regulations, Revenue Procedures, Revenue Rulings, Notices, and so on
- Letter Rulings and Technical Advice Memoranda of interest to clients
- Court decisions that affect “average” taxpayers
- IRS Initiatives, Audit Technique Guides, Office of Professional Responsibility and other targeted programs
- Practice aids, checklists, examples and new forms
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.