Tax practitioners have been hard-pressed to keep up with changes brought about by the CARES Act and the SECURE Act, not to mention the far-reaching changes of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Get fully updated on the most important legislative and regulatory developments of the season as well as major trends and changes in the case law, with a view toward planning considerations.
CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes individuals and closely-held businesses.
- Understand the latest tax law changes.
- Understand strategies and techniques for individuals to use in light of tax changes.
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses.
This program will be continually updated for items regarding tax reform, including 2021 stimulus bill(s). Topics will include the following:
- The SECURE Act, including RMD changes, the elimination of the stretch IRA, modification of the kiddie tax rules, and expansion of §529 plans and 401(k) retirement plans for part-time workers
- The CARES Act and FFCRA, including employer tax credits, SBA loans, and EFMLEA and EPSLA expanded leave programs
- The CARES Act changes to §163(j), §461(I), and NOL rules
- Bonus depreciation rules and expansion of §179
- Expansion of taxpayers able to use the cash method of accounting
- Comprehensive coverage of §199A and its alteration of pass-through taxation and planning
- Is the "employee versus independent contractor" conundrum about to explode
- Crypto currency
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year - inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- Advanced practice, reporting, and other issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
- The latest issues related to any other late-breaking tax law changes
Experience with individual and business clients.
- This seminar qualifies for CFP credit.
- This seminar qualifies for IRS credit.